Happy Independence Day, North Alabama! We hope you’re able to spend some time celebrating this weekend, and that our weekly list of free/cheap local fun will help. So save us a burger and a sparkler and stay safe this 4th of July weekend!
Huntsville Weekend Fun
Every week we curate what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
Free & Cheap Activities
- Just $5 – Enjoy special late-hour pricing every Thursday at Earlyworks & the Huntsville Art Museum.
- FREE – The City of Ft. Payne is hosting their Fireworks Show Thursday night. Details
- Just 50¢ per ride – The Athens Kiddie Carnival is this weekend! Do NOT miss this. Details
- FREE – It’s Pick-Your-Own Flowers weekend at Isom’s Orchard. Details
- FREE – Cook Museum of Natural Science is hosting an animal storytime in the museum store. Details
- FREE – While you’re there, do the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt for kids! Details
- FREE – Madison’s Star Spangled Celebration has kid’s activities, music, food & fireworks! Details
- FREE – Spend your 4th of July Weekend at MidCity & stay for the fireworks. Details
- FREE – Students can take a free ACT Prep class at the Showers Center. Details
- FREE – Who knew the Sand Mountain Potato Festival had music, food, & fireworks? Details
- FREE – The weekend Spirit of America Festival and fireworks are a Decatur tradition! Details
- FREE – Support local farmers and shop at Madison City Farmers Market Saturday morning. Details
- FREE – Or check out one of these other local weekend Farmers Markets for produce, meats, and more. Details
- Just $5 – Games, inflatables, music & food will be at New Market’s Family Freedom Fest. Details
- FREE – Lucy’s Branch Marina is hosting a fireworks show from the barge. Details
- FREE – There will be fireworks over Lake Guntersville Saturday night. Details
- FREE – Admission to HMA to see the “We the People” exhibit on Sunday. Details
- FREE – Hot air balloon rides, music & a kid’s zone is at WestFest this Sunday. Details
- FREE – The City of Scottsboro celebrates the 4th with fireworks on Sunday. Details
- FREE – Sunday is also the Athens Red, White, and BOOM fireworks show. Details
- FREE – Celebrate Parks & Rec Month & win some #GoPlayHsv prizes. Details
Worth the Money this Huntsville Weekend
- Listen to some cool summer jazz at Burritt’s City Lights & Stars concert. Details
- Take flight at the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s newest installation, Uncaged: Birds, Nature, & You. Details
- Tinker with all the things in the new makerspace at Earlyworks Museum. Details
- Check out the Space & Rocket Center’s Drone exhibit & hands-on STEAM activities. Details
- The 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular is at Toyota Field on Sunday. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.