Huntsville Weekend Roundup July 15-18
How much summer can you fit in 3-4 weeks? That’s the big question and the answer is QUITE A LOT. Of course we’re here to help and our list of free and/or cheap of fun things to do on the weekend can be found below. You should also be sure to check out our full Event Calendar to discover even more family fun!
It’s the Alabama Tax-Free Shopping Weekend for everyone getting ready for a new school year! We’re busy putting together tons on information to help you prepare, so please share it with your friends!
- How to Prepare to Go Back to School in Madison County
- After School Care Options in the TN Valley
- School Supply Advice from a Teacher of the Year
Huntsville Weekend Fun For Families
Click here to see the weather this weekend
Every week we curate what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
Free & Cheap Activities
- Just $5 – Enjoy special pricing every Thursday at Earlyworks & the Huntsville Art Museum.
- Just 50¢ per ride – The Athens Kiddie Carnival is this Thursday-Saturday! Details
- FREE – Listen to a live bluegrass concert in Madison this Thursday. Details
- FREE – Watch Into the Woods on a big screen under the stars. Details
- TAXFREE – Go Back to School shopping on Alabama’s Tax-Free Weekend! Details
- FREE – Go creek stomping with the kids. Details
- FREE – It’s Pick-Your-Own Flowers weekend at Isom’s Orchard. Details
- FREE – Cook Museum is hosting an animal storytime in the museum store Friday morning. Details
- FREE – Hit up the Athens Square downtown for Singing On the Square & Fridays After 5. Details
- FREE – Taste something new at the Food Truck Rally at Big Spring Park. Details
- FREE – While you’re there, do the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt for kids! Details
- FREE – The peaches are in at the Madison City Farmers Market. Details
- FREE – Or check out one of these other local weekend Farmers Markets. Details
- FREE – Students can take a free ACT Prep class at the Showers Center. Details
- FREE – Triana is having a Summer Reading Finale party on Saturday. Details
- FREE – Watch Trolls World Tour Saturday night in Big Spring Park. Details
- Just $5 – Take a group roller skating lesson at Insanity Skate Park. Details
- FREE – Celebrate Parks & Rec Month & win some #GoPlayHsv prizes. Details
- FREE – Browse the Lowe Mill A&E Outdoor Art Market on Saturday. Details
- FREE – Cool off at one of our favorite Alabama waterfalls. Details
Worth the Money this Huntsville Weekend
- See Newsies: the Broadway Musical at the Lee Mainstage Theatre! Details
- Meet a Stormtrooper at Earlyworks Museum’s special Star Wars Weekend! Details
- Visit a replica of Columbus’s The Pinta at Ditto Landing. Details
- Older kids will love the Friday Night Flip Out at The Matrix Gym! Details
- Take flight at the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s newest installation, Uncaged: Birds, Nature, & You. Details
- And your Little One will love HBG’s Seeds to Sprouts program on Friday morning! Details
- Meet an Animal Ambassador on Sunday at the Cook Museum in Decatur. Details
- Head to Burritt On the Mountain for a fun weekend GeoQuest adventure. Details
- Check out the Space & Rocket Center’s Drone exhibit & hands-on activities. Details
- You can watch a movie with the kids at Toyota Field Saturday night. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.