Huntsville Weekend Roundup July 3-5
Happy Independence Day, Huntsville! We hope you’re able to spend some time celebrating this weekend, and that our weekly list of free/cheap local fun will help. So save us a burger and a sparkler and stay safe this 4th of July weekend!
Just don’t forget your masks if you choose to go out. For real.
- How to enjoy fireworks with kids
- Kids love this Tie-Dye Fireworks craft!
- How to get the baby asleep during fireworks
Keep in mind there are even MORE awesome things to do over on our full Event Calendar! So what are you waiting for? It’s time to level up your Summer… while you still can!
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
- Go see one (or more!) of the many 4th of July celebrations & fireworks shows in North AL. Details
- Check out this pop-up storytime Thursday morning at Dublin Park in Madison. Details
- Take the Cold Treat Summer Challenge and win free ice cream! Details
- A special patriotic Drive-In Movie series is happening at The Joe. Details
- Get “in the mood” at this City Lights & Stars Concert at Burritt. Details
- Channel your kid’s inner Picasso with these take-away art kits for kids. Details
- Soak in some history with the family at Constitution Hall Park. Details
- While you’re downtown hear some Summer Street Jams and local A-list buskers. Details
- Do some star-gazing at the USSRC’s Intuitive Planetarium. Details
- Work on this awesome Huntsville Summer Bucket List. Details
- Slurp a summer peach slushie at Scott’s Orchard. Details
- Cool off in one of the splashpads and parks but the rules are slightly new so if that’s in your plans for weekend check our post first. Details
- The Huntsville Botanical Garden is also open – be sure to read the new rules before heading out. Details
- Get your fill of fresh fruit and veggies by shopping at various local Farmers Markets. Details
- Grab the SPF and go creek-stomping. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
Did your smart, good-looking friend send this list to you? Subscribe to get it in your email inbox each week!
Follow us on Instagram to see some awesome #HsvSummerFun!
In Case You Missed It…
- 4th of July Fireworks shows in Huntsville
- Drive-in movies are all the rage in the Tennessee Valley
- Our family had Covid & didn’t know it: the case for masks
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.