True to its name, the Rocket City has plenty of space to explore this weekend! Take a trip to a galaxy far, far away during EarlyWork’s Star Wars weekend or build your own Mars Rover at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. Either way you’re sure to have an out of this world time. Check out our full event calendar for a complete list of activities happening this weekend, or browse some of our top picks below.
Editor’s Note: With the second round of winter weather that moved in Wednesday evening and early Thursday morning, it’s always a great idea to check road conditions and event cancellations before heading out. While we do our best to keep everything updated on our calendar, cancellations can be made at any time. Stay safe and warm out there!
Nominate your family favorites for an award from Rocket City Mom!
Now more than ever small local businesses need your support! What better way is there to offer that support than by telling a friend or neighbor how great your experience was and encouraging them to use that business? THAT’S what makes our annual Family Favorite Awards so special! Learn more and nominate your local favorites here!
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- FREE – Do you know a family that needs food? Tell them about this Free Grocery event on Thursday. Details
- FREE – Visit the Virtual Learning Expo for all things fun and educational. Details
- Take the pups on a stroll during Dog Days at the Garden. Details
- Build your own Mars Rover at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center. Details
- Visit a galaxy far, far away during EarlyWork Museum’s Star Wars Weekend. Details
- Put down the screens and enjoy a Friday Night Flip Out at Matrix Gym. Details
- Explore nature during the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Nature Academy. Details
- FREE – Enjoy a virtual story time with Fantasy Playhouse. Details
- FREE – Join Snow Princess Anna for an interactive story time. Details
- FREE – See if hockey is the sport for you during Try Hockey for Free Day. Details
- FREE – Take the kids to explore Black History in Huntsville. Details
- FREE – Bundle up and take one of these beginner hikes in North Alabama. Details
- FREE – Break out the crafting supplies for these adorable lucky flower pots. Details
- FREE – Embrace the wintry weather with these cute craftable snowglobes. Details
- FREE – Let the kids take charge of cooking with this Kids Breakfast Takeover. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
- “Marathon” Mama Dog Captures Hearts on Nextdoor
- Huntsville Nonprofit Offering Free Driver’s Education Course
- Join the Family at Strickland Farm
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.