Huntsville Weekend Roundup February 12 – 15
You can’t get much better than a long weekend with three holidays thrown in the mix. Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day, enjoying your day off on President’s Day or rounding up the weekend with Mardi Gras, there’s something going on for you! Check out our full event calendar for a complete list of activities happening this weekend, or browse some of our top picks below.
If you do choose to go out please remember your mask and hand sanitizer or just stay home if you’re able. Covid rates for North Alabama are really bad right now. But there’s hope!
Nominate your family favorites for an award from Rocket City Mom!
Now more than ever small local businesses need your support! What better way is there to offer that support than by telling a friend or neighbor how great your experience was and encouraging them to use that business? That’s what makes our annual Family Favorite Awards so special! Learn more and nominate your local favorites here!
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
Click here to see the weather this weekend!
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- FREE – Join us online for our Virtual Learning Expo and find out all the Rocket City has to offer. Details
- FREE – Get ready for your little one with Huntsville Hospital’s Online Breastfeeding Class. Details
- Take flight with the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Great Backyard Bird Count. Details
- Take the pups on a stroll during Dog Days at the Garden. Details
- Build your own Mars Rover during the IDEAS Lab at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center. Details
- Celebrate Black History at Burritt on the Mountain with live performances and activities. Details
- Be an Aquarist for a Day at Cook Museum and enjoy animal feedings and more. Details
- Cheer on the home team during a UAH Chargers home hockey game. Details
- Celebrate Mardi Gras with the a drive-thru Carnegie Carnival Parade. Details
- FREE – Enjoy a virtual story time with Fantasy Playhouse. Details
- FREE – Enjoy a kid-friendly taste of New Orleans during Mardi Gras at MidCity. Details
- FREE- Families can receive fresh food boxes during Farmers to Families. Details
- FREE – Get the Kids in the Kitchen during the YMCA’s free cooking class. Details
- Go on a hunt for the best local King Cake… just watch out for that baby! Details
- FREE – Enjoy these easy Valentine’s themed crafts with your littles. Details
- FREE – Make these fun and healthy Valentine’s Day Snacks. Details
- FREE – Make mom or dad a Valentine waffle breakfast! Here’s how.
- FREE – Learn to Play Lacrosse with the Madison Lacrosse Club. Details
- FREE – Learn to Play Lacrosse with the Huntsville Lacrosse Club. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
Did your smart, good-looking friend send this list to you? Subscribe to get it in your Inbox each week! Want to be a RCM Super Reader & win stuff? Join their ranks here.
- Rocket City Kids Explain Valentine’s Day
- Youth Sports Directory
- Climb to New Heights at Johnson Legacy Center
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.