I’m kind of in shock when I see the date – even in the middle of a pandemic there are cookies to bake, gifts to wrap, batteries to buy, and halls to deck. I do plan on taking a break this weekend and actually spending TIME with my family, something that is infinitely more important than the hustle and bustle anyway.
Our full Event Calendar also has more activities happening in Huntsville this weekend if you don’t see anything below that suits your fancy. Just be smart – don’t forget your mask and hand sanitizer if you choose to go out. And really just stay home if you’re able.
Find Your Local Holiday Scene!
Every Night Now through December 31
No matter what corner of North Alabama you live, you can find free seasonal fun every night that includes gorgeous lit trees or festive decorations! Lights typically come on at dusk.
- Huntsville Tinsel Trail – Big Spring Park, Huntsville (Can you find the RCM Tree?)
- Christmas Card Lane & Polar Express on Main – Downtown Madison
- North Poll Stroll – Downtown Athens
- Enchanted Forest – Decatur
- Christmas in the Park – Arab Historic Village
- Ardmore Tinsel Trail – Downtown Ardmore
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- FREE – The Huntsville Christmas Eve Jingle is happening Thursday night! Details
- Check out this Holiday Magic Pass to save you a little $$$ on holiday fun. Details
- Galaxy of Lights Driving Nights continues this weekend – get your tickets in advance! Details
- FREE – Take the kids Christmas Light Hunting with our handy list & map! Details
- Head over to see the new Rocket City Spectacular light show at Toyota Field. Details
- FREE – Watch Fantasy Playhouse’s A Christmas Carol on TV! Details
- Pick a place to Give Back this year. Details
- Spend the afternoon or evening at Skating In the Park downtown. Details
- Prepare for the 2020 Huntsville Jolabokaflod. Details
- Who’s watching Wonder Woman 1984 this weekend? We are, and here’s why. Details
- Celebrate the holidays with the live animals at Cook Museum! Details
- FREE – A community Kwanzaa Celebration is happening at Bridge Street on Saturday. Details
- Experience Christmas at the Grotto in Cullman. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
- Huntsville’s Ultimate Birthday Party Planning Guide
- Pregnancy & Childbirth Guide to Huntsville
- Here’s Where Kids Eat Free Every Day of the Week in Huntsville
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.