Another Huntsville weekend is here, and there’s lots to enjoy together as the seasons change. Stock up on Fall and Winter attire at a consignment sale, enjoy a last summer movie night in the park, or immerse yourself in the Broadway Theatre League’s free production of ArtRageous. If you don’t find something below, you can always check out our full Event Calendar for even more cool stuff.
Make a Last Summer Splash
Pumpkin Spice is already popping up everywhere and time is running out to visit area water attractions! We’ve compiled a list of all the places to cool down in North Alabama with hours, locations, and even some parent tips. Plan your trip here.
Huntsville Weekend Fun For Families
Every week we curate what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
Free & Cheap Activities
- Just $5 – Enjoy special pricing every Thursday at Earlyworks & the Huntsville Art Museum.
- FREE – Jam to Carver Commodore during Lowe Mill’s Fall Concerts on the Dock. Details
- FREE – Immerse yourself in a visual journey during the BTL’s production of ArtRageous. Details
- FREE – Support mental health initiatives and enjoy live music at Stovehouse. Details
- FREE – Shop the latest fall trends at The Boutique Closet Consignment Sale. Details
- FREE – Journey across the ocean with Moana during Movies in the Park. Details
- FREE – Shop local vendors at Hubert Farm during the Midsummer Market. Details
- FREE – Round up the girls and Learn to Play Lacrosse with the Huntsville Wolfpack Lacrosse Club. Details
- FREE – Kick anxiety to the curb with a Kids Free Self-Defense Class with Golden Karate. Details
- FREE – Grab your COVID-19 vaccine during Huntsville Bible College’s Community Vaccine Day. Details
- FREE – Head downtown for the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt for kids! Details
- FREE – Grab something yummy from a farmer at the Madison City Farmers Market. Details
- FREE – Get artsy and go on a “hidden” mural hunt around the Rocket City. Details
Worth the Money this Huntsville Weekend
- Go stargazing at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center’s INTUITIVE Planetarium. Details
- Take a sip for a good cause during the Huntsville Coffee and Tea Festival. Details
- Learn about plants in our food during the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Nature Academy. Details
- Explore the universe during I.D.E.A.S Lab and let your imagination run wild. Details
- Join the Land Trust of North Alabama in the Tinker Lab at EarlyWorks this weekend. Details
- Visit the Huntsville Botanical Garden for their breathtaking new exhibit, Night Blooms. Details
- Head to Burritt On the Mountain for a fun weekend GeoQuest adventure. Details
- Build a plane and let learning soar at Summer STEAM in the Park . Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
- Free Driver’s Education Courses Start in September
- North AL Birthday Party Planner
- Tutors & Tutoring Services in North Alabama
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.