Huntsville Weekend Roundup April 9 – 11
It’s nice to see more and more events to (safely) visit around the Rocket City these days! We love seeing families spend their Huntsville Weekend outdoors and around town. This weekend there’s plenty of ways to get some fresh air while enjoying family friendly events. Pet the farm animals and learn more about life in the 1800s during Burritt’s Spring Farm Days or catch Madison Academy’s outdoor performance of Cyrano de Bergerac. Whatever you decide to do, we hope you have a great weekend. As always, we’ve gathered some of our top picks below, or you can find a complete list on our full event calendar.
If you do choose to go out please remember your mask and hand sanitizer or just stay home if you’re able. Covid rates for North Alabama are beginning to head in the right direction, but we must stay vigilant. There’s hope!
A brand new adventure awaits in Big Spring Park!
We absolutely love that the historic Big Spring Park is right in the heart of downtown Huntsville. After all, it’s what inspired the birth of the city when John Hunt decided to settle at the top of the spring’s rock bluff over 200 years ago! There’s not a playground in this park, but we’ve created a fun activity you can do with your kids – the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt!
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
Click here to see the weather this weekend – Keep an eye out for severe weather!
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- Go back to the barnyard during Spring Farm Day at Burritt. Details
- While you’re there, explore one of the four GeoQuest! Courses. Details
- Enjoy an egg-citing view of insect eggs at Cook Museum. Details
- Enjoy a more relaxed environment during Cook Museum’s Sensory-Friendly Hour. Details
- Catch Madison Academy’s outdoor performance of Cyrano de Bergerac. Details
- Explore hands-on science classes at the Botanical Garden’s Nature Academy. Details
- Enjoy Sparkman High’s amazing production of Beauty and the Beast. Details
- FREE – Find all 12 clues on the NEW Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt! Details
- FREE – Check out some books at the new North Huntsville Library & hit the playground too! Details.
- FREE – Brush up on your dribble skills during a Free Soccer Clinic. Details
- FREE – Enjoy live music and food or kid-friendly yoga at The Camp. Details
- FREE – Celebrate Earth Month during the Sherwood Park Cleanup Day. Details
- FREE – Enjoy food and live music by The Beasley Brothers at Stovehouse. Details
- FREE – Shop the Market at MidCity with regional farmers, makers, and more. Details
- FREE – Enjoy some fresh air by taking a family bike ride. Details
- FREE – Hit the trails with your kids with these Beginner Hikes. Details
- FREE – Get creative while loving Mother Nature with these recyclable craft ideas. Details
- FREE – Get a head start on Mother’s Day with these crafts that mom will love. Details
- Get your summer planned with the RCM Summer Camp Guide. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
Did your smart, good-looking friend send this list to you? Subscribe to get it in your Inbox each week! Want to be a RCM Super Reader & win stuff? Join their ranks here.
- Why You Should Take Your Kids to the U.S. Paralympic Cycling Open in Huntsville
- Spring Plays & Performances in Huntsville, Madison, & North Alabama
- 2021 Rocket City Mom Family Favorite Award Winners
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.