It’s Easter this Huntsville weekend, and whether you celebrate or not there’s plenty of family fun to enjoy! Hop on over to one of the community egg hunts or compete for the high score on some vintage video games at EarlyWorks. If you’re looking for some outdoor fun, there’s plenty to explore including our new Big Spring Scavenger Hunt, Burritt’s GeoQuest courses, or a bird watching walk through the Huntsville Botanical Gardens. Plan your eggciting weekend with some of our top picks below or check out our full event calendar.
If you do choose to go out please remember your mask and hand sanitizer or just stay home if you’re able. Covid rates for North Alabama are beginning to head in the right direction, but we must stay vigilant. There’s hope!
A brand new adventure awaits in Big Spring Park!
We absolutely love that the historic Big Spring Park is right in the heart of downtown Huntsville. After all, it’s what inspired the birth of the city when John Hunt decided to settle at the top of the spring’s rock bluff over 200 years ago! There’s not a playground in this park, but we’ve created a fun activity you can do with your kids – the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt!
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
Click here to see the weather this weekend – Keep an eye out for severe weather!
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- Hop aboard the Peter Cottontail Train Ride just in time for Easter. Details
- Learn about letterboxing, GPS, and Geocaching at Burritt on the Mountain. Details
- Enjoy Frogger, Pac-man and more at EarlyWork’s Vintage Video Game Days. Details
- Learn about rocket propulsion at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center. Details
- …and check out their latest exhibit, Dare to Explore: Milestones to Mars. Details
- Celebrate Spring with egg hunts, crafts, and more during the Easter Jubilee. Details
- Go bird watching in the HBG’s latest children’s installation, Tweetsville. Details
- Pat the bunny and ride the kiddie coaster at the 4D Farm Bunny Patch. Details
- Enjoy at Parents’ Night Out while the kids hang at Matrix Gym. Details
- Enjoy an egg-citing view of insect eggs at Cook Museum. Details
- Explore one of the four GeoQuest! Courses at Burritt on the Mountain. Details
- FREE – Find all 12 clues on the NEW Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt! Details
- FREE – Catch an interactive virtual story time with Dorothy. Details
- FREE – Dye those Easter eggs naturally with food you already have. Details
- FREE – Enjoy food, inflatables, games, egg hunts and more at Calvary Church. Details
- FREE – Enjoy inflatables, face painting, a helicopter egg drop and more at Daystar Church. Details
- FREE – Join the Hazel Green Athletic Club for egg hunts and opening day activities. Details
- FREE – Search for eggs at the Community Wide Easter Egg Hunt at Hillwood Baptist. Details
- FREE – Join the Easter fun during a Community Egg Hunt at Mosaic City Church. Details
- FREE – Check out a live performance by Ben Luthy at The Camp. Details
- FREE – Wind down with some Yoga at The Camp, you can even bring the kids. Details
- FREE – Shop the Market at MidCity with regional farmers, makers, and more. Details
- FREE – Browse craft, clothing, and more during Scottsboro’s Market on the Square. Details
- FREE – New to Huntsville? Get registered to vote at this official library event. Details
- Get your summer planned with the RCM Summer Camp Guide. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips at Hubert Family Farms
- Spring Plays & Performances in Huntsville, Madison, & North Alabama
- Charlie Foster’s Serves Up Diversity & Inclusion Along with Tasty Coffee Drinks
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.