Huntsville Weekend Roundup April 16 -18
It’s a busy Huntsville Weekend here in the Rocket City! Our theatre lovers are in for a treat this weekend with five amazing performances to choose between! There’s also plenty of live music options and ways to try new things and make healthy lifestyle choices. As always, we’ve gathered some of our top picks below, or you can find a complete list on our full event calendar.
If you do choose to go out please remember your mask and hand sanitizer or just stay home if you’re able. Covid rates for North Alabama are beginning to head in the right direction, but we must stay vigilant. There’s hope!
A brand new adventure awaits in Big Spring Park!
We absolutely love that the historic Big Spring Park is right in the heart of downtown Huntsville. After all, it’s what inspired the birth of the city when John Hunt decided to settle at the top of the spring’s rock bluff over 200 years ago! There’s not a playground in this park, but we’ve created a fun activity you can do with your kids – the Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt!
Huntsville Weekend Fun (at a safe distance)
Click here to see the weather this weekend – Keep an eye out for severe weather!
As we do every week we’ve curated what we think are your best bets for finding a little family fun (and joy) this Huntsville weekend below, but be sure to check out our full calendar if you don’t see anything you like here.
- Explore one of the four GeoQuest! Courses at Burritt on the Mountain. Details
- Join the Huntsville Ballet Company for Peter and the Wolf. Details
- Follow the journey to space and beyond at the Space & Rocket Center. Details
- At Earlyworks Museum’s LEGO Weekend your kids can build a masterpiece. Details
- Take a ride through the countryside on the on the Spring Fling Special Train. Details
- Watch the race to invent TV during Theatre Randolph’s production of The Farnsworth Invention. Details
- Flip out with friends during Friday Night Flip Out at Matrix Gym. Details
- Head on down to Ava Maria Grotto and check out the Bloomin’ Festival in Cullman. Details.
- Explore the outdoors at the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Nature Academy. Details
- Drive-in for the Academy Children’s Theater’s production of Charlotte’s Web. Details
- Catch a tale as old as time during Sparkman High’s production of Beauty and the Beast. Details
- Enjoy the story behind “the world’s first musical” during Huntsville High’s production of Something Rotten. Details
- FREE – Find all 12 clues on the NEW Big Spring Park Scavenger Hunt! Details
- FREE – Shop fresh produce, meats, baked goods, and more during the Madison City Farmers Market. Details
- FREE – Get started on that garden with the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Spring Plant Sale. Details
- FREE – Spend your Saturday Castin’ N Catchin’ for a good cause at Goose Pond Marina. Details
- FREE – Help Operation Green Team keep Huntsville beautiful during the Ditto Landing Cleanup Day. Details
- FREE – Finish your Spring cleaning at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day. Details
- FREE – Cheer on the athletes during the U.S. Paralympic Cycling Open. Details
- FREE – Make healthier lifestyle choices during the YMCA Healthy Kids Day. Details
- FREE – Get an early start on summer during the Pine Ridge Day Camp Open House. Details
- FREE – Climb to new heights with an Intro to Climbing Clinic at the Johnson Legacy Center. Details
- FREE – Check out some books at the new North Huntsville Library & hit the playground too! Details.
- FREE – Get crafty on the go with Madison Library’s take home craft bag. Details
- FREE – Shop fresh produce and more at the Oakwood Farmers Market. Details
- FREE – Relax on Stovehouse’s Leisure Lawn for live music by Kristoffer Leshaun. Details
- FREE – Wind down with Yoga at The Camp. Details
- … then stick around for the live music, food, and drinks. Details
- FREE – Visit the VBC and enjoy local performances during the Tennessee Valley Music Showcase. Details
- FREE – Catch the Wes Sheffield Band and enjoy local eats and coffee at Stovehouse. Details
- FREE – Shop the Market at MidCity with regional farmers, makers, and more. Details
- FREE – Support accessible healthcare during Music for Healthcare All-Day Fest. Details
- FREE – Bob to the beat during the Huntsville Community Drumline Drive-Up Performances. Details
- FREE – Go on a treasure hunt during the Spring Hampton Cove Yardsale. Details
- FREE – Get a game plan for potty training a child with special needs during Madison County Kids & Kin. Details
- FREE – Enjoy some fresh air by taking a family bike ride. Details
- FREE – Hit the trails with your kids with these Beginner Hikes. Details
- FREE – Get creative while loving Mother Nature with these recyclable craft ideas. Details
- FREE – Get a head start on Mother’s Day with these crafts that mom will love. Details
- Get your summer planned with the RCM Summer Camp Guide. Details
So that’s what we know about. Did we miss something cool happening in the Huntsville area? Leave in the comments or send us a note at email@example.com. If you have a free/cheap family-friendly event you want added to our calendar feel free to submit anytime but keep in mind we have other jobs too so give us a few days heads up 🙂
Did your smart, good-looking friend send this list to you? Subscribe to get it in your Inbox each week! Want to be a RCM Super Reader & win stuff? Join their ranks here.
- Farmers Markets and U-Picks
- Huntsville & North Alabama Summer Camp Guide
- Coloring Between the Lines: Breastfeeding Support for the Underserved
DISCLAIMER: We do our best at Rocket City Mom to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. While we always try to confirm details before they are posted in the Huntsville Weekend Roundup, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.