IMPORTANT NOTE: Cancellations and time changes are possible, please confirm information before heading out to any event. If you know of an event listed that has been canceled, please let us know. Thank You!
- This event has passed.
Wear Orange Day
June 4 @ 12:00 PM - 1:30 PMFree
Join Moms Demand Action – AL in recognition of Gun Violence Awareness Day and Wear Orange Weekend! Huntsville/Madison Moms Demand Action volunteers will gather with the NAACP, other community organizations, and citizens in Big Spring Park for “The Alabama NAACP Goes Orange!” rally. This will be our first in-person event in almost a year, so bring lawn chairs, blankets, a picnic lunch and plan to spend some time getting reacquainted.
Don’t forget to wear something orange! This in-person event is handicap accessible.
Can’t Make It? Here Are More Ways to Help From Home
1. Demand your U.S. senators take bold action on evidence-backed gun safety legislation like background checks on all gun sales. We’ve made it easy → https://bit.ly/hold-lawmakers-accountable
2. Get involved with your local Moms Demand Action or Students Demand Action groups. We’re a grassroots movement fighting for public safety measures to protect people from gun violence, and we have chapters in every state → https://bit.ly/join-chapter
3. Next Friday, our volunteers are joining people across the country to #WearOrange and honor survivors of gun violence.
Find an event in your community → https://bit.ly/find-wo-event
4. Make calls with us from home with the Gun Sense Action Network to demand that lawmakers protect us from gun violence → https://bit.ly/make-calls-at-home
5. Join our Summer Series! When you sign up for the Summer Series, you’ll receive just one text message a week that contains a short video and a quick action to take → https://bit.ly/series-summer