IMPORTANT NOTE: Cancellations are possible, please confirm information before heading out to any event. If you know of an event listed that has been canceled, please let us know. Thank You!
- This event has passed.
Kiwanis Little Learners
March 10 @ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
An event every week that begins at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, repeating until March 24, 2020
Sign up for our caregiver/child workshop for kids age 3 to 4 featuring a different local service provider each week at the Downtown Huntsville Library. Please, see description for details.
The Kiwanis Little Learners Workshop is a parent/child workshop for children ages 3 to 4 years and their caregivers (parents, grandparents, or legal guardians) hosted at the Downtown Huntsville Public Library. While caregivers play with their children in an informal setting, they are introduced to professionals in a variety of children’s services available in Madison County. This session, which is geared toward the Pre-K age range from 3 to 4 years will be on Tuesday evenings starting February 25th and ending on March 24th and will focus on a different topic each evening. Community organizations contributing their expertise are The Nova Center for Youth and Family, Headstart, Vital Smiles, Thrive Pediatrics, and we’ll wrap up with a session on literacy and how to promote a lifelong love of reading. Kiwanis Little Learners is made possible by a generous grant from the Kiwanis Club of Huntsville.
- Tuesday, February 25th at 6pm. Representatives from the Nova Center for Youth and Family will present on mental healthcare services available to families in the Second Floor Events Room.
- Tuesday, March 3rd at 6pm. Explore potential childcare options available through Headstart in the Second Floor Events Room.
- Tuesday, March 10th at 6pm. Learn how to promote good dental hygiene from Vital Smiles in the Auditorium.
- Tuesday, March 17th at 6pm. Meet our neighbors from the Pediatric Department of Thrive Alabama in the Second Floor Events Room.
- Tuesday, March 24th at 6pm. Let’s discuss how to foster a love of reading in your littles with help from the Education Department at UAH in the Second Floor Events Room.