IMPORTANT NOTE: Cancellations and time changes are possible, please confirm information before heading out to any event. If you know of an event listed that has been canceled, please let us know. Thank You!
- This event has passed.
Alabama Jubilee (Decatur)
May 28 @ 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on May 28, 2023 at 6:00 AM
The Alabama Jubilee Hot-Air Balloon Classic is the oldest hot-air balloon race in the mid-South. It started in Decatur, Alabama in 1978.
Tips for your Trip
As with many public events a few general tips can help you get the most out of you visit to the Alabama Jubilee:
- Balloons fly early in the morning and late afternoon. Mornings are at 6:00a.m.; Afternoon 6 ~ 7:30p.m.
- Tethered rides are limited and require a signed waiver of liability. Children under 19 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Many pilots will not tether children three and under. The loud burner noise can damage their ears.
- Paid flights are not sold during the Jubilee. If you would like to purchase a ride for another time there are many pilots that sell them; please visit The Heart of Dixie Balloon Club for more information.
- Dress appropriately, wear sunscreen, and stay hydrated.
- Smoking is not allowed on the launch field.
- Dogs and other pets are discouraged since the loud noises and fire can frighten them. If you do bring them they must be leashed and bagged after.
- The Alabama Jubilee is a ‘No Drone Zone’. Unless you have a waiver attached to ours from the FAA you may NOT operate a drone on our field during the Alabama Jubilee’s FAA waiver flight times. Even if you are a licensed drone pilot.
When: May 27-28 | 6 AM- 10 PM
For details and full schedule, please visit the Alabama Jubilee’s website.