12 clubs. Over 5,000 kids served yearly. For more than 75 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of North Alabama (BGCNAL) have been doing important work for local kids by helping to strengthen their communities. Thanks to the hard work of so many, Rocket City Mom and Progress Bank were able to donate $5,000 to help with this effort.
If you joined us earlier this year at our Learning Expo at Earlyworks Museum, you also helped to make this gift possible. Proceeds from that event go toward our Community Education Grant awarded to the Boys & Girls Clubs of North Alabama.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
What Boys & Girls Clubs Do
In every community, boys and girls are left to find their own recreation and companionship in the streets. An increasing number of children are at home with no adult care or supervision. These young people need to know that someone cares about them. The Boys & Girls Clubs of North Alabama offer that and much more!
Four key characteristics of BGCNAL:
- Dedicated Youth Facility: The Boys & Girls Club is a place – an actual neighborhood-based building – designed solely for youth programs and activities.
- Open Daily: The Club is open every day after school, when kids have free time and need positive, productive outlets.
- Professional Staff: Every Club has full and part-time youth development professionals, providing positive role models and mentors. Volunteers provide key supplementary support.
- Available/Affordable to All Youth: Membership dues are affordable. Clubs reach out to kids who may lack access to other community programs.
Bottom line: kids participating in BGCNAL programs benefit from trained, caring, professional staff and volunteers who help young people take control of their lives and reach their goals. Rocket City Mom and our incredible partners are so thrilled and grateful to be able to help.
You Might Also Like…
- Summer Camp Spotlight: STEM Center of Innovation
- Ask the Expert: Budgeting for Baby
- Refinancing Your Home – Is Now the Time?