It’s Father’s Day this Huntsville Weekend, and luckily there’s lots of ways to make memories with dad in the Rocket City! From enjoying free admission to local attractions or spending quality time together doing the things you love, we’ve got you covered. Find our top picks below or check out all the fun over on our event calendar.
Find the Perfect Gift for the Rocket City Dads in Your Life
If you’re on the hunt for the perfect gifts for the father figures in your life, we’ve got those too. From free things to do with dad to gift ideas and more, there’s plenty of ways to celebrate. Check out our favorite ways here.
Huntsville Weekend Fun For Kids & Families
Free & Cheap Activities
- Enter the mullet contest or browse the food trucks at 3rd Friday Downtown Decatur. Details
- Join the Madrigals & the Village of Providence for a screening of Encanto at Movies in the Park. Details
- Visit Constitution Hall Park for a screening of Honey I Shrunk the Kids at Summer Movies in the Park. Details
- Take a peek into the Secret Life of Pets 2 during Cinemagic Free Summer Movies. Details
- Meet the various vendors in food, arts, beverages, & more at the Black Business Expo. Details
- Celebrate Juneteenth as you enjoy beverages, food specials, and more. Details
- Take Father’s Day to new heights while you enjoy a climb with dad at High Point. Details
- Let dad enjoy a free stroll through the Huntsville Botanical Garden for Father’s Day. Details
- Take dad to enjoy a free visit to the U.S. Space & Rocket Center for Father’s Day. Details
Worth the Dinero this Huntsville Weekend
- Climb aboard Father’s Day Special at the North Alabama Railroad Museum. Details
- Get dad something incredible during the Father’s Day Special at Holtz Leather. Details
- Swing into Summer at the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s new exhibit In Full Swing. Details
- Have s’more outdoor fun during the Family Campout in the Garden. Details
- Pan for gold during Treasure on Gold Mountain at Burritt on the Mountain. Details
- Learn about Animal Weaponry during Cook Museum’s Live Animal Presentation. Details
- See Old Crow & friends at the Orion’s T-Minus Music Fest. Details
DISCLAIMER: We do our best to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information is gathered from a variety of sources. While we always confirm details before they are posted, sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information which is why every event listing includes a link to the source. We strongly urge you to confirm details before you go, especially when it comes to outdoor events and weather.
You Might Also Like…
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.