Ready or not, here it comes! Schedules. Early bedtimes. Shiny new supplies. Homework. Some call it a hassle, while others call it a return to sanity, but we all know it as Back To School Madness! We even have a giant Back to School Giveaway *just* for parents during this stressful time – be sure to check it out.
We hope these articles help you up your BTS game and make your year (or at least the first week) a bit easier. Just click on the orange article titles to read more – you’re guaranteed to be at the top of the parenting class!
Getting Organized to Go Back
- Spicing Up First Day of School Photos
- Back to School Shopping Tips You Can’t Afford to Miss
- 9 Simple Ways to Prep Your Home For a New School Year
- Get Back in Your Back to School Routine
- Sleep & Your Student: Know Your A-B-Zzz’s!
- Back to School Poetry From a Huntsville Dad
- Ask the Expert: How to Ride a School Bus
It’s About the Students
- A Pep Talk for the Parents of a New Kindergartner
- To the Mothers of a New Middle Schooler
- Teaching & Parenting Teens & Tweens
- Going Back to School with Kids That Have Special Needs
- We’re All In This Together: Advice to Parents From a Teacher
- Parent/Teacher Relationships 101
- It’s Teacher Appreciation Year
- The Truth About Teacher Gifts
- How the PTA Can Engage Working Parents (Like, For Real)
Feeding Their Bellies & Their Brains
- Breakfast: Make a Month of Green Smoothies in an Hour
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- Back to School Weeknight Dinners
- Aunt Bee’s Kid-Friendly (and Delicious!) Recipes for Busy Families
All Things Educational
- 7 Tips for Incorporating Montessori Into Your Home for Preschoolers
- 5 “Be’s” to Prepare Your Child for Tomorrow, Today
- Huntsville’s Forest Preschool
- Want Your Children to Survive The Future? Send Them to Art School
- Where to Find Kid-Friendly STEM Classes in Huntsville
- RCM’s School Spotlight series
- Homeschooling in Huntsville: How to Get Started & Everything In-Between
- Need inspiration? Our Makers & Shakers series spotlights local students and teachers who are doing great things.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.