Time. Everyone wants more of it, and no one has enough of it. As parents, we often resolve to make more time for what’s important as well as prioritizing self-care. How can you prioritize your time while managing, household, family, and professional commitments? Au Pair in America is here to help!
The Au Pair in America program allows young people from all over the world, ages 18 to 26, to travel to the U.S. on the Exchange Visitor Program for a unique cultural exchange experience. For more than 30 years, these young people have traveled to the US for a chance to experience American life, while living with an American family and caring for their young children for up to 45 hours per week.
5 Reasons to Consider Au Pair in America
With its unique blend of traditional Southern charm and dynamic cultural scene, Huntsville offers parents a fun, unique locale in which to raise a family. There are so many historical, educational, and traditional activities for children and adults to discover and explore in the local area. Many parents are looking for flexible, dependable child care in Huntsville, and Au Pair in America offers local families a fantastic child care solution! Want to learn more?
- You create a child care schedule that works for your family! Why struggle to meet the demands of a daycare center or other child care provider’s schedule when you can set your own flexible child care assistance hours? With Au Pair in America, parents have the freedom to create a customized child care schedule of up to 10 hours of care per day (including evenings and weekends) and up to 45 hours per week. Learn about our different program options.
- Simplify your family’s morning routine! For many families, the morning rush is the busiest and most hectic time of day. Getting the children dressed, fed, and ready for school or daycare while also getting themselves ready for work and out the door on time takes a toll on parents. With a live-in au pair to lend an extra set of hands, everyone’s stress level improves!
- Let your children enjoy more of the local attractions that Huntsville has to offer! Why keep the kids cooped up inside when they could spend the day at the Early Works Children’s Museum or the Space Center learning and having a blast with their au pair? With so many parks, playgrounds, museums, and other fun and educational venues for children right in your backyard, your little ones will reap more of the benefits of living in such a stimulating and child-friendly area.
- Develop your children’s international language skills! Hosting an au pair is a unique way to combine child care and foreign language learning With the constant exposure to another language, children will pick up new vocabulary and speaking skills quickly in their daily interactions with their au pair. Whether parents are looking to develop a language currently spoken in the home or introduce a new international language to their children, having an au pair who speaks that language living in the home and caring for the children offers them a valuable learning opportunity.
- Open your children’s eyes to the world! As a diverse city with an arts and culture scene, Huntsville offers the community exposure to different background and traditions. By hosting an au pair, parents can go a step further and bring international culture into their own home, broadening their children’s worldview and helping them to develop an awareness and appreciation for other cultures. Many families also develop close, lifelong relationships with their au pairs, further opening their children’s eyes to the world at large.
Interested for Your Family?
Interested in learning more? Learn more about the benefits of hosting an au pair and click here to view current Au Pair in America au pair applicants (no cost and no obligation). New Host Families who apply by March 31st will receive a $350 program fee discount (use code HSV). Currently with another Au Pair agency? Ask about Au Pair in America’s generous “Switch and Save” discount.
Contact: Brittany Keilty by email or at 216-408-7300.
“I was in need of flexible and reliable childcare for my 2 daughters because of my flexible work schedule. It was also important to me that they would be with someone who will care and bond with them like a family member. I found all this in our Au Pair, and much more.” – Judith Farhood, Host Mom
“After having twins, I was nervous about going back to work, and wanted to make sure I was leaving them in good hands. I wanted to avoid daycare to reduce their exposure to illnesses and for them to be with someone who would care for them as family. My coworkers with kids in daycare are constantly dealing with daycare closures, or their kids getting sick. Our Au Pair has been a wonderful addition to our family, and is like an aunt to our girls. I am so glad we went with Au Pair in America, it has been a fantastic experience for our family.” – Heather Hollis, Host Mom
As a hyper-local website focused on all aspects of parenting in and around Huntsville, AL, and the Tennessee Valley, Rocket City Mom occasionally asks local parents to submit their stories for publication. This is part of our continual effort to represent varied viewpoints and experiences on our site. However, these articles should not be seen as necessarily expressing the views of Rocket City Mom Media Group, LLC.