Entertaining the kids this summer has never been easier! We asked our readers and writers for their “Must-Dos” and came up with 52 things to do this summer to help inspire you. Most importantly, however you spend your summer, be sure to have LOTS of fun!
2016 Summer Bucket List
1. Ride the cars at the Kiddie Carnival.
2. Catch a free flick.
3. Find a festival – there are 24+ to choose from!
4. Walk through the enchanted Woolly Woods at Burritt On the Mountain.
5. Work in some air-conditioned Summer Smart Play.
6. Camp out on the mountaintop.
7. Burn off some energy at Pump It Up.
8. Explore your own Minecraft world at MindGear Labs.
9. Listen to a story at the Library.
10. Taste the freshest Alabama produce any given day of the week.
11. Cool off at the Everybody Can Play Splashpad.
12. Have a picnic in the park.
13. Splash in the Children’s Fountain downtown.
14. Take a little road trip and be back by nightfall.
15. Create an artistic masterpiece with your kid.
16. Moms – fall in love with VBS!
17. Float the Flint with your family
18. Ride the rails on a real train.
19. Celebrate NASA on the Square.
20. Search for these Huntsville Hidden Gems.
21. Channel your inner Bilbo Baggins at the Botanical Garden.
22. Have a movie experience in 1 of 12 NatGeo Theaters.
23. Hear FREE live music almost any day of the week.
24. Make a playdate at Hays.
25. Experience a drive-in movie with your friends.
26. Learn exactly why Huntsville is called the Rocket City.
27. Become a summer potluck ROCKSTAR.
28. Visit a Rattlesnake Saloon.
29. Spend a Tuesday On the Trail with the North AL Land Trust.
30. Pretend you’re Nemo with the help of a few swim lessons.
31. Work on your bowling game… for free!
32. Pick a camp, any camp and broaden some horizons.
33. Ride the Ferris Wheel at Lake City.
34. Dodge summer rain showers and still have fun.
35. Get Wacky on Wednesdays at the Garden.
36. Gaze at the stars with VBAS.
37. Stay cool on the ice, even if it’s 100 degrees outside.
38. Take a hike on kid-friendly trails.
39. Explore animal habitats in Gadsden.
40. Swim indoors OR outdoors at the YMCA.
41. Play some pinball or build with LEGOs at lunch.
42. Visit the largest Butterfly House in the South.
43. Inhale the freshest strawberry lemonade popsicle you’ve ever had.
44. Treat the kids to a Spa Day.
45, Practice your parkour ninja skills at The Matrix.
46. Go duck hunting in downtown Huntsville.
47. Explore Huntsville like a tourist.
48. Give the kids their own space, or kingdom, at Kids’ Space (HSV) or Kids’ Kingdom (Madison).
49. Watch a movie in Providence Park.
50. Eat the biggest funnel cake you’ve ever seen at the Family Fun Fest.
51. Relax on the Lazy River.
52.Have all the fun in Huntsville at your fingertips with the #ExploreHuntsville app!
Happy Summer, Huntsville!