Home » 26 Things to Do This Fall in Huntsville with Kids
Fall is in the air in Huntsville and Madison County, and if you love making lasting Fall memories with your family, this is the list for you.
So bust out the pumpkin spice, pull out your jeans from the closet, and get the whole family ready to celebrate cooler days, football season, costume making, beautiful leaves, and one of the most exciting times to be in Alabama!
1. Meet some imaginative scarecrows at the Huntsville Botanical Garden.
2. Nosh on some kettle corn at 4D Farms.
3. Play in the Kid’s Zone at the Madison Street Festival.
4. Contract Pinkalicious Fever.
5. Be a hometown tourist at these guided historic walks.
6. Slurp an apple cider slushie.
7. Embrace all the fandoms at Rocket City NerdCon.
8. Pick a pumpkin straight from the patch.
9. Boogie with a Bugle Boy.
10. Carve & smash at the Great Pumpkin Carving Contest.
11. Meet Lily Flagg the Cow at one of the largest live history walks in the country.
12. Step back in time at Burritt’s Folklife Festival.
13. Spend a day with Frog & Toad.
14. Slip on a toga and shout “Eureka!” at USSRC.
15. Take a train ride through the Autumn leaves.
16. Let Doctor Osborne tickle your funny bone.
17. Watch knights joust at the Alabama Renaissance Faire.
18. Dance with some friendly monsters this Halloween.
19. Get acquainted with some local haunts.
20. Take a day drive to look at Fall foliage.
21. Go camping at Monte Sano State Park.
22. Host a Halloween movie night at your house.
23. Go jack-o-lantern hunting in Downtown Huntsville.
24. Learn how to buckdance at the Fiddler’s Convention.
25. Take a nature hike through the autumn leaves.
26. Play with ghosts at this historic playground.
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.