25 Things To Do This Fall in Huntsville With Kids
Fall can be fleeting in Madison County. That’s why it’s important for you to make a checklist of all the things to do this Fall in Huntsville with kids before you look up and the season is half over. So bust out the pumpkin spice, pull out your jeans from the closet, and get the whole family ready to celebrate cooler days, football season, costume making, beautiful leaves, and one of the most exciting times to be in Huntsville!
1. Meet some imaginative scarecrows at the Huntsville Botanical Garden.
2. Slurp an apple cider slushie at Isom’s Orchard.
3. Play in the Kid’s Zone at the Madison Street Festival.
4. Meet the Snow Queen herself thanks to Fantasy Playhouse.
5. Dive into a good book at the Rocket City Lit Fest.
6. Nosh on some kettle corn at 4D Farms.
7. Embrace all the fandoms at Rocket City NerdCon.
8. Pick a pumpkin straight from the patch.
9. Have an animal encounter at Kidventure.
10. Learn how to buckdance at the Fiddler’s Convention.
11. Go on a guided historic walk in Huntsville.
12. Sample other countries at Burritt Museum’s International Heritage Festival.
13. Dance with a swan from the Huntsville Ballet Company.
14. Go through the wardrobe with Grissom Theatre Department.
15. Stroll through the historic Maple Hill Cemetery & talk with ghosts!
16. Encounter Doctor Osborn and his Balloons of Doom.
17. Watch a knight’s joust at the Alabama Renaissance Faire.
18. Pet Clifford the Big Red Dog at a Broadway Theatre League show.
19. Sing a round of “It’s a Small World” at the International Festival of Huntsville.
20. Watch the pig races at Lyon Family Farms.
21. Go camping at Monte Sano State Park.
22. Fire the corn cannon at Tate Farms.
23. Take a train ride through the Autumn leaves at NARM.
24. Trick or Treat at Earlyworks.
25. Channel your inner Mad Scientist at Sci-Quest.
Even more Fall activities can be found in our 2015 Fall Activity Guide!
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.