Fall is in the air in Huntsville and Madison County, and if you love making lasting Fall memories with your family, this is the list for you!
So bust out the pumpkin spice, pull out your cute boots from the closet, and get the whole family ready to celebrate cooler days, football season, costume making, beautiful leaves, and one of the most exciting times to be in Alabama!
1. Slide down the Barnstormer Tube and snack on kettle corn at 4D Farm.
2. Have some Fall Break fun at Burritt On the Mountain.
3. Meet some magical scarecrows and go on a hayride at the Huntsville Botanical Garden.
4. Pick a lovely Fall bouquet with your kids at this Flower Farm.
5. Celebrate a far-out time in our country’s history at the USSRC.
6. Take a family field trip to experience a Fall weekend together.
7. Whip up some pumpkin spice cheesecake bars to share with a friend.
8. Pick a pumpkin straight from the patch at Lyon Farm & see a piggie race!
9. Have some fun at a local Fall Break Camp.
10. Enjoy “Melodies on the Mountain” with Microwave Dave at Burritt On the Mountain.
11. Hop on a train to the pumpkin patch and see Alabama fall foliage along the way.
12. Go on a night-time hike among scores of Scarecrows.
13. Jam out at the South Huntsville BBQ & Bluegrass Festival.
14. Dissect some toys at Earlyworks Children’s Museum.
15. Take a day trip for Fall Break – socially distanced, of course!
16. Go camping at Monte Sano State Park.
17. Meet Tallulah Bankhead and Howard Weeden at the History-On-a-Stick Walking Tour.
18. Play with ghosts & have a picnic at this historic playground.
19. Take a ride on the Halloween 4-Wheeler Trail in Elkmont.
20. Slurp an apple slushie and pick your own apples at Scott’s Orchard.
Even more Fall activities can be found in our 2020 Fall Activity Guide!
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.