Fall is in the air in Huntsville and Madison County, and if you love making lasting Fall memories with your family, this is the list for you!
So bust out the pumpkin spice, pull out your cute boots from the closet, and get the whole family ready to celebrate cooler days, football season, costume making, beautiful leaves, and one of the most exciting times to be in Alabama!
1. Ride the Kiddie Coaster and snack on kettle corn at 4D Farm.
2. Have some fun at Burritt’s Round Top Folk Festival.
3. Meet some magical scarecrows and go on a hayride at the Huntsville Botanical Garden.
4. Forget football – March On Madison is all about the halftime shows!
5. Experience Fall skies like never before at the USSRC Planetarium.
6. Hear about Huntsville’s haunted history on these local Ghost Walks.
7. Kids will have tons of fun at these Fall Break Camps.
8. Pick a pumpkin straight from the patch at several area farms.
9. Whip up some pumpkin spice cheesecake bars to share with a friend.
10. Go on an apple slushie hunt to see which one you like best.
11. Hop on a train to the pumpkin patch and see Alabama fall foliage along the way.
12. Go on a night-time hike among scores of Scarecrows.
13. Get the Rocket City Kids Pass to save money visiting Fall attractions.
14. Spend time in the TinkerLab at Earlyworks Children’s Museum.
15. Take a day trip for Fall Break – socially distanced, of course!
16. Join Charlie Bucket at Wonka’s Chocolate Factory.
17. Visit the Haunted Kingdom this October in Madison.
18. Watch the performers at Venardos Circus do amazing things!
19. Pick a lovely Fall bouquet with your kids at this Flower Farm.
20. Pick a peck of your own apples at Scott’s Orchard.
Even more Fall activities can be found in our 2021 Fall Activity Guide!
Rocket City Mom is a website about raising children in and around Huntsville, Alabama. Started in late 2010 by a local mom and newcomer to Huntsville, Rocket City Mom has grown into a thriving community of local parents and now boasts a staff of four, thirteen regular contributors, and tens of thousands of Tennessee Valley readers making it the #1 Parenting Resource in North Alabama.