In the summer of 2009 my family arrived in Huntsville with no friends, no nearby relatives, and knowing almost nothing about the place. I was a stay-at-home mom with an 18-month-old daughter and I was BORED. We had rented a home in Blossomwood and while the neighborhood was nice, our house was on a busy road and there weren’t sidewalks so there was no opportunity to stroll around and meet the neighbors. I needed to get out of the house but where?
…the very first posts on Rocket City Mom were all about local parks with short descriptions, pictures of the play equipment, and my humble opinion…
Making the Dream A Reality
That guide is here but it’s not finished. With more than 70 parks in Huntsville alone we need some help to make it comprehensive. So we’re starting with some of the biggest and most popular and we’re busily working on adding more but we could use your help. We know most parents have a favorite outdoor playspace and maybe it’s one we’ve already covered, but if it’s not why not share your discovery with other parents? We’ve made it super easy for you to help make this guide better.
How To Help
- Use our Parks Guide.
- Tell us what you like and don’t like about it. How can we make it better?
- Is there an element to the current reviews that we need to add?
- Is the map helpful or just confusing?
- Add your 2 cents!
- Use our Park Recommendation Form to help us add some of the more “hidden” gems of our parks system.
- Take pictures of your favorite area parks and post them on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with the hashtag #hsvparks.
- Share the guide with your friends.
That’s it. Three simple steps that would make even Agent Oso proud. Before you know it, we’ll have a guide that’s the envy of cities everywhere and the next time you’re looking for a great place to take the kids, you’ll know exactly where to go!