This is it. Your days are officially numbered. Some of you are lamenting the return to the school routine while others can’t count the days fast enough. Whatever your attitude, it’s a good time to cram in all the summer that you can, and we just made it easier with our list below. Here are our Top Ten Picks for things to do in and around Huntsville with your kids before school starts. So gas up the car, grab the kids, squeeze out those last drops of sunscreen, and make the last week (or two) count. In no particular order… click on the titles for more info about each event.
1. Watch a Huntsville Stars Baseball game
2. Eat a homemade popsicle at the Greene Street Market
3. Go on the Lucky Duck Scavenger Hunt
4. Make a splash at the Everybody Can Play Splashpad
5. Picnic at an Outdoor Concert
There are three concerts to choose from this week – one in Decatur, Huntsville, and Madison. Check our Event Calendar for details about all three.
6. Frolic in the Whimsical Woods
Good news – this special installation at Burritt On the Mountain has been extended through September! Read our review before you go.
7. Discovery Days at the Huntsville Botanical Gardens
Learn all about the butterflies, turtles, toads, and other creatures that live in the Garden through hands-on activities. Bring your swimsut & towel for splash play in the fountains around the Garden!
8. Listen to a Talking Tree at Earlyworks
One of the best places in Huntsville to play, play, play! My kids could stay in Biscuit’s Backyard all day. Read our review for more details.
9. Visit with Huntsville Ghosts
The Huntsville Ghost Walk and the new Huntsville Ghost Trolley are fun & slightly spooky things to do with your kids. The best thing? The whole family will learn A LOT about Huntsville history too!
10. Work in a Water ParkOK, so I know this isn’t in Huntsville… but it’s totally worth the drive and a great way to end summer in style. Plus, RCM readers get a coupon when they read our review of Spring Valley Beach water park!
So what are you waiting for? Go forth and DO ALL THE THINGS!
While you still can.
Did we miss one of your favorites? Let us know in the comments!